Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Cannot seem to get video calls to never have interruptions (Wi-Fi)

Hey all,

Still working on this wireless stuff. We have a 5520 WLC, and now have all APs set to auto channel and TX power (I have a manual channel/tx plan I came up with in case auto does not work out for us, created with CAD files imported into Ekahau) and have disabled a ton of 2.4 GHz radios. We are using 40 mhz channel width, FT over the DS, and are running 8.3.x code. Our environment is filled with Apple and IOS devices.

Now, I have issues with people using Zoom. The person across from me with a Macbook pro (we all have these) will go wireless and I'll go wired. He'll end up freezing now and again (packet loss?). It's not an internet connection thing or a switch thing, as being wired produces no issues.

Here's the stats. I do not know why the connection score is 0% or the spatial stream shows up as 0%, it did not used to before goin to 8.3.x, Cisco seems to not understand how to report I guess.

https://i.imgur.com/IR0gvES.png

https://i.imgur.com/CXqzDsE.png

I'll be performing an active survey soon here, and it's just going to return what I already know. Good coverage, low interference. Packet loss is inevitable on a wireless medium but he should hardly have any. There's no QoS being done, but QoS wouldn't even come into play with how low the utilization is on the AP (and it's always this low). Zoom using 1 mbps anyway, hardly anything. Thoughts? Ideas?

I specifically went to this code to help with roaming on IOS devices too, but it made no difference. If you walk a bit brisk, you'll end up dropping the call. Walk slower and it's fine. Doesn't matter if it's FT over the air, or FT over the DS. Frustrating stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment