Friday, April 20, 2018

Working for Cisco TAC

Alright I checked the sidebar so this seems a reasonable question considering I'm not early in my career.

Have any of you ever worked for Cisco TAC? I saw a job posting for customer support engineer (I'm assuming TAC since it's in Richardson, TX) and I'm curious what they really look for in a new hire. I have my CCIE in R/S and 6 years of networking experience, but have found so far that it can remove you from the long list of applicants due to the average salary expected by other CCIEs I'm guessing.

Would that position be considered a bad/lateral move? Would it even be possible to get at my "level" ? I'm currently a senior networking engineer but tired of the operational aspect. I realize tac would be purely operation, but it's a foot in the door as far as I'm concerned to other things. I've looked at other positions with them at the presale level but they all seem to require presale experince so it's chicken and egg.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment