Friday, April 6, 2018

VyOS VM help within GNS3

Hello Reddit I am turning to you as always for a specific networking problem I am having with a project I am doing.

I am using GNS3 in conjunction with VMWare VM's to create a topology which involves -

-Windows Server 2012

-Windows 7

-VyOS

In this scenario all of these machines are on one internal network with the subnet 10.0.0.0/24 with the interfaces on the VyOS machine as 10.0.0.1, the windows server machine 10.0.0.254, and the windows 7 machine as 10.0.0.10. The topology is windows server and 7 machine connect to a ethernet switch on ports 1 and 2, and the ethernet switch is connected to eth0 on the VyOS machine with port 0.

I have the VyOS machine configured with ethernet 0 with the address of 10.0.0.1/24. And within the virtual machine settings all the network adapters are set to VMNet 2.

The problem I am having is that both machines can ping the VyOS router, but it cannot ping them back, thus there is no inter connectivity between the 2 windows machines. If I could I would gladly use a cisco router image within GNS3 but I do not have access to one so I am stuck with VyOS.

Can anyone help with this problem in any possible way. If needed I can post additional information on the scenario.

TL;DR VyOS cannot ping VM's that are directly connected, but they can ping it.



No comments:

Post a Comment