Friday, April 20, 2018

Unable to connect using OpenConnect or Cisco AnyConnect VPN

I am using Ubuntu 16. I followed the steps here to get Cisco AnyConnect: https://uci.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB0010201

After I type /opt/cisco/anyconnect/bin/vpnui, the Cisco AnyConnect GUI pops up. Cisco AnyConnect on Windows works for me. But on Ubuntu, for Connect to: , when I enter same the name I enter for Cisco AnyConnect on Windows, it gives the error

The VPN Connection failed due to unsucessful domain name resolution 

When I enter the Gateway my company provided, I get

connection attempt has failed due to server communication errrors. please retry the connection 

I then installed openconnect following the steps in this link: http://www.humans-enabled.com/2011/06/how-to-connect-ubuntu-linux-to-cisco.html

Under edit connections -> add -> Cisco AnyConnect VPN -> Create, I enter the company's gateway in Gateway and the DNS they provided in IPv4 Settings->Additional DNS servers

After I choose the VPN connection in VPN Connections, I get this:

SSL connection failure: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated. Failed to open HTTPS connection to [gateway] 

can anyone help with this?



No comments:

Post a Comment