Friday, April 13, 2018

Trunk between Dell 6024F and Cisco C3560 assistance.

This seemingly simply task has been a challenge for me over the past few weeks and i'm hoping you guys and gals can help.

I have a guest wireless network that is flat and using vlan1. The aggregation switch is a Dell 6024 and the closets are cisco c3560. I have been tasks with creating a second vlan that will be stretched to all closets. the Layer 3 exists on the firewall. I'm trying to create a trunk between the dell and ciscos. For the life of me I can't get it working. The ports that should be trunk are up and passing traffic, they just aren't passing my new vlan I created or even showing as a trunk. Here is my config below.

Cisco

int gi0/1 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1Q switchport mode trunk end show int status port NAME Status vlan duplex Speed Type gi0/1 Connected 1 a-full a-1000 1000BaseSX SFP 

Dell

interface ethernet g2 switchport mode general interface ethernet g2 switchport general allowed vlan add 402 


No comments:

Post a Comment