Saturday, April 7, 2018

New to firewalls, facing some issues when communicating between firewalls

We have on premise DC Small scale, 20-30 servers. I have configured a N/W 192.168.0.0/18 Using Fortigate 100E firewall. Plan is to have one subnet for each services deployed on this servers.

Servers are using Ubuntu server 16.04 Base image I have configured static IP address by updating the interfaces file in server.

Right now the problem is severs can't communicate to other servers in another subnet for e.g services in 192.168.1.0/24 can't communicate to 192.168.2.0/24

I haven't created any subnets its a flat network which I initially configured So my assumption was all the servers should be able to communicate to each other without any issues.

Not sure where to debug. Some help on figuring out the issue would be great help I am more of a DevOps rather than networking guy



No comments:

Post a Comment