Thursday, April 26, 2018

Looking for vendors for small deployments

Hi, This is my first post on reddit, please be kind ;-)

I'm a network engineer working with Cisco and Juniper gear. I know what you can (and cannot) do with particular boxes and software.

From time to time I am asked to help with a small deployment, where there is no budget for Cisco or Juniper. However this is justified by a very little feature (and performance) requirements.

I don't have much experience with other vendors (my home network is built on Juniper, Cisco and one MikroTik for LTE backup).

I am looking for some advice - can you recommend something between soho and Cisco/Juniper for L2 switching? Features I am looking for are mostly:

DHCP Snooping BPDU Guard MAC limiting LACP SNMP :) RSTP

Also, anything for routing which can PAT up to 300-600Mbps of IMIX traffic? I was looking at Mikrotik RB3011UiAS-RM, looks promising. And stateful firewall is a plus here.

I would really appreciate any hint or advice. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment