Friday, April 20, 2018

Juniper Op Script Question

I’m currently in the middle of a migration from Cisco to Juniper. The more I play with Junos, the more I like certain aspects, but there is one thing that Cisco has that I have yet to find a satisfactory alternative to in Junos. Cisco IOS has a “Show Interface Trunk” command that will obviously display any ports configured as trunks. In all of my research Junos does not have this, you have to already know the trunk interface to find what vlans are on it.

In my googling, I ran across this forum board https://forums.juniper.net/t5/Ethernet-Switching/Simple-Trunking-Question/td-p/21857. The second answer contains an OP script that would do exactly what I want. The only problem is I have no idea how to use an OP script.

I’ve spent hours trying to learn all I could about it, but some things still don’t make sense. How do I load the script ON TO the switch? I understand how to load it into the config, but how do I get it on the switch in the first place. If anyone has detailed instructions or can point me in a direction to find them, I’d be super grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment