Monday, April 30, 2018

Is there a way to scan a local network for the IPv6 addresses of connected devices?

I know you can use programs such as Angry IP Scanner to scan a range of IPv4 addresses, which is useful to see everything on the network. But, what I'm trying to do is obtain the IPv6 addresses of all connected devices. I don't think Angry IP can do this, and when searching Google for an application made for this type of stuff, I mostly just see port scanners, which isn't quite what I need.

Is there a utility out there that scans a range of addresses (or a network address) to find the IPv6 addresses of locally connected devices? I mean I suppose I could run Wireshark, and just use the process of elimination to figure out which IPv6 addresses I see belong to what devices, but I feel like there has to be an easier way.

Thanks in advance for any help, I'm certainly not a networking expert, but I do find this stuff really fun to work with.



No comments:

Post a Comment