Friday, April 6, 2018

Is it possible to get ipv6 autoconfig to work over a trunked port?

Hi,

I'm working on a school assignment. We are setting up an enterprise network with several VLAN's in Packet Tracer. The assignment wants us to set up the network with both IPv4 and IPv6. I have set up a DHCP server with ip helper-address to serve the LAN with IPv4 addresses. I have set up the diffferent VLAN's behind access switches, then onto a MultiLayer Switch. The issue I'm facing is that the MultiLayer switch is not able to forward the autoconfig of IPv6 addresses over the trunked ports going out to the access switches and then out to the clients.

I'm really stuck here and have been googling and reading up on this the last 5 hours without going anywhere. I'm quite a novice when it comes to networking (on my first year of a Bachelor), so if you have a solution for me, I would really appreciate a detailed description of how to get it to work.

Thank you in advance for your help :D



No comments:

Post a Comment