Thursday, April 19, 2018

I'm paying $60/yr for Dyn Standard on an IP that might change once a year. Any alternatives?

I also pay them $75/5yrs for a .net domain name registration.

I like my domain name which I want to keep and maybe switch it to another registrar in a few years before it expires, preferably one with their own DDNS service.

Otherwise, the only part of the "dyn standard" package that I really use is the DDNS service. I'm sure there's another DDNS provider that has better pricing and would make it easy to switch to while maintaining the domain name I have registered for.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I don't have a lot of experience with domains and registrars, I have used dyns free service with a subdomain for many years before I wanted to get my own proper domain name. I basically just use this for personal and friends usage to access a couple of services on completely non-standard ports.



No comments:

Post a Comment