Friday, April 6, 2018

Hopefully basic network setup question

I am looking separate my debit terminal from the rest of my network in the simplest possible way. I currently have a wireless router which does not support VLAN (Linksys EA 6400). The debit terminal is plugged directly into the router along with several other devices. I am a hairstylist and while I’ve built PCs in the past I’m a complete beginner when it comes to networking. I’m trying to understand if I can buy a smart switch, and plug it into the router to run a single VLAN for the debit terminal. Also, if that is a viable option, should I plug the rest of the devices into the switch and configure a separate VLAN for the other devices and only have the switch plugged into the router? Or could I leave the rest of the devices plugged into the router? I would really appreciate any help anyone would be willing to give.



No comments:

Post a Comment