Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Having trouble using an ATA for faxing.

Hello, I recently switched over to Verizon's Voip Service (OneTalk) for my small business and our secretary insists on keeping our fax machine because (?), so it is up to me to figure out how to get it to work.

Called Verizon and they sent me a mifi 4g module which will not work because we don't have a good enough 4g signal and that is as far as they will go along with me. Getting an antenna isn't an option in this case as the signal doesn't improve enough anywhere where it is mountable, (They require 3-4 bars and we get 2-3 :-|)

So after trying that, I looked into ATA's so I did some research and purchased an SPA 112 by Cisco and plugged it into my network switch. I went through the configuration process and succeeded in getting it connected to the network/internet, (Confirmed through the router access webpage or whatever its called.) I sent a test fax to the hp test fax line (1-888-473-2963) and it came back as busy/no response. The light for the phone line lit up one the SPA 112 indicating that it was receiving a signal, so the Fax -> ATA -> Switch -> Router -> Modem connection was good but still, no dice.

Router is a WNR 2020 netgear if it matters.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment