Wednesday, April 11, 2018

DIN power connector

I never deal with industrial networking, but I know some here have a good amount of experience. I bought a switch to handle hot temperature environments, but it is made for a DIN rail mount. I don't actually need to mount anything else, so I don't need a full DIN setup... just need to power the switch. So I have two questions.

First, it looks like it's just a regular DC powered switch that can accept anywhere from 12-48V and it has a max consumption of 24 watts. All the DIN power supplies look really beefy and frankly like overkill for what I'm doing.... am I okay with just using a typical transformer that is rated for >24 watts within 12-48 VDC?

Second, the connector isn't something I'm used to seeing. Even if I go with a DIN power supply I don't think it comes with this connector. My problem is that when I search for anything DIN related, I come back with the actual DIN connector type... not what I'm looking for. Is this a standardized connector? Anyone know where I could just get them online?

https://imgur.com/a/o6N9R



No comments:

Post a Comment