Saturday, April 21, 2018

Company blocking

So in the past week or so my company installed new website blocking software. I also confirmed with my IT guy that they are heavily tracking our internet behaviors (I work for a large ISP).

He was kind enough to activate a DSL Modem under my desk that is unmonitored, but it's not on my company's network so I can't access certain websites and functions that I need for my work.

I COULD just wire to the DSL and VPN in, but the connection gets wonky and it's sort of cumbersome and I'm trying to avoid doing it.

In a perfect world I would have both Ethernet cables plugged into a hub, and then be able to hit a switch to pick which Ethernet cable to use. So I can switch back and forth during the day.

Sorry if this is a dumbass question but from what I can see a standard hub or switch won't work.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment