Saturday, April 21, 2018

Cisco 1841 Routing Question

Hello - I've been a bit of a lurker on this subreddit.

A bit of insight on whats going on:

I currently own a Cisco 1841, 1x Cisco 3750 48PT Switch 1x 2960 48PT & a Cisco 2811. At the moment, I use Spectrum(TWC) as my ISP and my own modem or 'media converter'. Bringing in the coax signal to the box and out with Ethernet. My current speed I pay for is 100/10. I linger about 116/10 depending on the day.

I already have my whole network planned out, using a whiteboard & markers // Packet Tracer.

I have the LAN side configured on my Cisco 1841. The WAN side is set to DHCP since I don't have a static IP address assigned by my ISP. (That costs extra)

Main Question : I have my router set to a few protocols, at the moment I have RIP and OSPF set up. When I insert my ISP ethernet cable to my WAN (Fas0/1) It automatically obtains the IP which is fantastic. However, do I need anything else configured on my Cisco 1841 to allow my network to go out to the interwebs. I just want to double check and get any advice if needed!

LAN Side: Completely pings, and works prefectly.



No comments:

Post a Comment