Thursday, April 26, 2018

Ciena 3930 SFP module part numbers?

Can anyone tell me what part number a Ciena 3930 uses for SFP modules? I called fs.com and they weren't sure, but were going to have an engineer check. I've heard that they will work with prolabs XCVR-000CRJ - but I really would like to find a sfp module that will work with what we need....the scenerio is att circuit to Ciena 3930 with fiber handoff to us, Sophos XG125 firewall doesn't have a SFP port so we're using a media converter...I know, I know...media converters...but, it's what I've got in this situation.

Anyone have any insight into this? Anyone have a specific media converter/sfp module they know works with a 3930? I found an old thread with this same issue, but, I need LC to LC sfp modules, no SC...

( https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/comments/5feduk/fiber_converter_question/ )

I tried this media converter:

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-SFP-Transceiver-20KM-ipolex/dp/B0716XT1QT/ref=sr_1_7_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1524763716&sr=8-7-spons&keywords=10gtek%2Bmedia%2Bconverter&th=1

but, going from the sfp module that came with the cienna to the sfp module that came with the media converter, no luck - you think if I had matching sfp modules that would help?

I'm thinking about getting this media converter:

https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-Gigabit-Ethernet-Fiber-Converter/dp/B011KH1TTC/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1524763639&sr=1-3&keywords=startech+media+converter

My reasoning being that the startech one in the thread I mentioned earlier seemed to work for the OP of that thread...but he was using SC sfp modules that weren't multimode...

I wish I could just change the handoff from the ciena to us from fiber to cat5/6 but, AT&T basically said to do that we need to cancel and reorder the circuit...even though the cienna 3930 can do it by simply changing a setting...such bs...

Any insight is greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment