Friday, April 27, 2018

AWS and MPLS L3VPN

So I'm part of the transport team for our company and we have started looking into AWS. We have an MPLS core providing L3VPN connectivity to our customers. We are looking at using a carrier for direct connect to a Transit VPC. I want to extend MPLS to a router in the Transit VPC (CSR1000v or vMX) via a GRE tunnel. The goal is to make that router in the Transit VPC a PE, and each customer VRF in that PE will have an IPSEC connectivity to the customer's VPC. Basically making a VPC a part of a customer's L3VPN. I don't see any reason why I can't do this. But I'm pretty new to AWS and have not seen this done on any documentation I've researched.

For those experienced with AWS infrastructure, is there anything that I'm missing that could prevent me from doing this? Is there a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?



No comments:

Post a Comment