Thursday, April 12, 2018

802.1x, Radius, and LDAP/AD

The money people at the top shot down the budget request for ISE, so I am going to throw on some 802.1x through a RADIUS server that will auth users by client side certs and/or AD via LDAP. It's a pretty simple except for one little caveat maybe. I have a meeting next week with the SysAdmins to flesh it all out, but I wanted to check and see if anyone else has been in my edge case so I can kind of know what to expect from them.

We are in the midst of an AD migration, and roughly half the users are on the old domain and half on the new. We have 2 different sets of RADIUS servers. And there is no pattern to how they are migrating users and workstations, so each site has a mix of both.

Is there any "gotcha's" or shenanigans I may run in to? Would it even be worth doing this, or should I press for them to speed up their migration?



No comments:

Post a Comment