Friday, April 13, 2018

1000+ new RF devices introduced to enterprise network and possible risks involved

This may be a bit low level for this sub, but I have looked everywhere and don't know where else to turn. If you have a better suggestion where to put this question, please tell me!

I work for a large call center and we are debating making the switch to wireless headsets - but some of the other leadership is concerned it would affect internet quality. I understand where they are coming from because it would introduce about 1000 new RF signals between the 2.4 GHz non-Bluetooth dongle and the headset, but all of the computers are hard-wired by ethernet; so in my mind, it shouldn't make any difference in the VOIP call quality.

The only issue I could possibly forsee is MAYBE a slight drop in internet quality for the leadership that has laptops, but very, very minimal impact. I mean, all of our agents have their cell phones in the building and are connected to it (albeit it's a guest network, but still) and there was no drop in quality when that rolled out. I just don't see how it would be an issue with the new headsets as far as the internet quality on the hardwired desktops, which is the other leadership's concern.

My question: As networking professionals, would these headsets even make a difference? Or does that radio frequency from the headsets even bother a strong wifi signal, or better yet a strong ethernet signal?

Please let me know your thoughts!



No comments:

Post a Comment