Thursday, March 22, 2018

Why do you love what you do?

I work in Network Assurance for a large ISP - What does that mean? It means I fix things when they break. Little things like a PE router being offline, to big things like 50,000 people having no internet access or problems on a 400Gbps peering link with another ISP or CDN.

I love my job. At times it can be excruciatingly stressful, and I get downright angry at the corporate BS and some of the ways I have to do things.

But that moment when it 'clicks' and that problem you figure out that problem that you've been working on all day is the best feeling in the word. Or the fact that I'm the "go to" guy that people come to when they need help figuring something out. To knowing that I help keep the world as we know it in operation.



No comments:

Post a Comment