Tuesday, March 20, 2018

VSS'd 6807s: Etherchannel routed links using SVI to Dists. Any thoughts on design guides and pitfalls I may reveal it doing this?

I am considering rolling out a new core design where we have two 6800s in two geographical locations (1/4 mi. apart), and each major distribution switch is connected to a port on one physical unit and also the other. The current core design is using equal cost multipath EIGRP, but I feel like we can move toward another configuration design for the new core (NĂ¼Core).

My thinking was to LAG the interfaces at both ends and build routing across SVIs using EIGRP. So instead of a physical port acting as the routed link, it would be the port-channel. Is there a massive performance hit here or am I not fully thinking through the architecture in this idea? I'm open to suggestions and caveats on this.



No comments:

Post a Comment