Wednesday, March 21, 2018

VPNs with AWS. Using it as a single VPN point for redundancy into datacenters. My google-fu fails.

So I'm dealing with an environment were multiple clients VPN into my 5525X ASA and dump data. Lots of data. In a few months I'm standing up a Direct Connect MPLS into AWS and I want to leverage the VGWs on AWS to point all my client VPNs to so they can fail over to my DR site if things go tits up. Is this going to be as simple as having them VPN into my AWS instance and have the routes pointing to the Direct Connect MPLS?

Anyone deal with this? How does AWS do with large chunks of data going over their networks via VPNs?

*for clarification, this is a different approach to having a type of HA for point to point VPNs that requires ISP intervention with getting ASNs and floating a public IP. Trying this way since data isn't punched through all the time, and being charged per GB is cheaper in the long run for this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment