Saturday, March 10, 2018

Verifying PXE Boot (Error: "PXE-M0F: Exiting Intel Boot Agent") is/isn't the network causing it to fail?

Desktop team is trying to PXE-Boot to their WDS server from within the same subnet as that server. Typically the boot file path ends in .com from what I see set on other subnets, but they gave me a path ending in a .iso. Does this make any difference? I wouldn't think so since it's the path on the server itself.

I've setup the subnet dhcp configuration options (66/67) to include the Next Server & Boot file name (W/ path) and verified that the DHCP Helpers are present in the in VLAN configuration for the subnet.

I've done a packet capture and can see the Next Server is there, but I get "Boot file name not given" which I think is because I was using my laptop which isn't going to request it. Is my only option to mirror their port during their PXE Boot attempt?

Other questions: 1. How do you typically verify PXE Boot from the network perspective? 2. Is there a cli tool to verify/request options received by DHCP Servers so that I can properly run a packet capture w/out having to perform a PXE boot?

I've been going through documentation trying get more familiar w/ this.



No comments:

Post a Comment