Friday, March 23, 2018

Something better than Outlook Calendars for keeping track of circuit orders, install, and site readiness?

We have dozens of in-flight circuit orders at any given time. I'm having a difficult time keeping everything organized and was wondering if anyone knew of a software solution or organization tactic to keep track of all this information.

I need to keep track of building construction and site readiness to make sure the circuit doesn't get installed too early. I then need to coordinate this with on-site contacts who can facilitate access to the building.

After the install is done I need to coordinate with contractors to go out and extend wiring if necessary, patch our equipment in, and other misc tasks if necessary.

As I'm typing this, it doesn't sound all too complicated, but when we have ~25+ in-flight orders, and this is supposed to be a very small portion of my actual workload, I find dates slipping as I can't find a good way to stay organized with all the dates and statuses of each order.

Anyone have any tips for keeping up with all this?

tl;dr I suck at juggling 25+ timelines at once, how can I make my life easier?



No comments:

Post a Comment