Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Setting up CPEs to extend a wireless network at an Apt Complex...I need some advice...

Im a networking noob, just to let you all know. I understand the basics, but I'm in need of some help in regards to setting up some CPE's around an apt complex.

We have a laundry room that has its own modem and router. Connected to that router are 3 IP Cameras. I setup a CPE in Client mode and another on the main office of the office, where there are 2 Access Points. In the main office we have the CPE in AP Mode, connected into a switch, which has a PC connected to it. I am able to detect our IP Cameras on the network and access them.

Now my question, is there a way to use a CPE without a router, to accomplish the same thing? Ultimately I want to know if I can connect our cameras via a switch, to the CPE and have it still detectable on the Access Point down the road.

As I mentioned before, Im a networking novice and self taught at that. If anyone has any information or advice, it would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment