Friday, March 30, 2018

Server to host video streaming for nationwide company

Hi all,

I work for a company that has stores nationwide. In each store we have a Samsung TV that we use to stream information pertaining to the job. I've been with this company for a year now and recently have been in charge of maintaining the TV's in each location as a side project to my normal networking tasks.

We host our playlists on a seperate server that we pay for but I've been wanting to find a way to host these TV's playlists and maintain them on a server of our own so we don't have to pay for the licensees through a third party company. The only issue being I have never attempted something like this before.

Does anybody here have any insight or previous knowledge/know how on this kind of thing and could point me in the right direction to get started? I really feel like this could save my company thousands of dollars every year if I could pull this off.

Thank you for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment