Wednesday, March 21, 2018

S4128-ON Linux documentation

It has Linux OS10, sadly it lacks documentation on how to set interface information without taking down full interfaces, or ways to store the changes between reboots.

I know how to use the /etc/network/interfaces, but that means i have to take down interfaces to bring up the interfaces with the new settings.

Last login: Fri Mar 9 05:16:38 2018 from 192.168.0.149 ahernandez@OS10:~$ uname -a Linux OS10 3.16.39 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.39-1+deb8u2 (2017-04-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux 

My problem has been that I'm unable to even configure VLANs in /etc/network/interfaces.d/ without taking down the interfaces first and bring them up. There's no test functionality or even validation that something will work or not.

Is there some sort of hidden documentation out there besides the getting started that comes with the switch which has allowed me to configure users, sudoers, ifconfig, etc? I'd like to know how to manage the vlans and trunks going from port to port from within /etc/network/interfaces. I don't need fancy ACLs, just need to manage access at the port level.



No comments:

Post a Comment