Thursday, March 29, 2018

Remote work position changing to report in..

Hey All,

Disgruntled employee here. I have been at my current employer for going on 2 years now. When I was interviewed this position was advertised as a 100% remote position and up to now it has been. I have an upcoming meeting with my boss next week about a new initiative where they want people within 20 miles to start reporting in to work a couple times per week.

When I accepted this job I sold my fuel efficient vehicle so now I will need to carpool or use public transportation to get there, additionally none of my coworkers will even be at that office, they are based all around the country. To add insult to injury, I believe I am being singled out as everyone else lives further than 20 miles from an office.

What can I do here? What should I prepare to say during the meeting? I am very unhappy and the fact is that I will be looking for a new job due to this change in policy.

Thanks, Max



No comments:

Post a Comment