Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Re-Certified CCIE Using Continuing Education.

I was able to re-certify my ccie taking the following courses;

https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/on-demand-e-learning/designing-and-implementing-cisco-network-programmability-npdesi-v-1-0-elt-npdesi-v1-0-020749

https://learningnetworkstore.cisco.com/on-demand-e-learning/developing-with-cisco-network-programmability-npdev-v4-0-elt-npdev-v4-0-020748

Big thanks to u/djdawson, he posted a few months ago and answered all of my questions. I was able to complete both courses in about 40 hours. While my background is in Datacenter and Routing and Switching, the change to programability was a really nice change of pace. It cost a total of $1800, plus I also took the intro class which was an additional 400. I think you could do it with only the two I posted. I asked my boss if they would pay for it, just so happened we had a 100k order and I just added learning credits to the orders. It was essentially free for me.

If you have any questions for me just reply and I will get to them as soon as I can. Thanks for your help Reddit! This was a very low pressure way to renew my cert. For those of you who are on the fence and might have to for it out of pocket you can add this to your taxes if you are filing itemized.



No comments:

Post a Comment