Thursday, March 8, 2018

PAN-OS: Loopback interface address not being advertised to iBGP neighbors

I've got a /32 IPv4 address assigned to a loopback interface on a PAN-OS box. I used redistribution "approach 1" from here (no network statements in PAN-OS apparently?) to get that address into the BGP loc-rib.

The problem is that this prefix isn't being sent to my iBGP neighbors (virtual routers running on the same box).

I haven't configured any sort of outbound filter, and I'm confident that the route isn't being advertised (as opposed to advertised but rejected by the peer) because of the Outgoing Prefix counter visible with show routing protocol bgp peer peer-name <blah>.

I haven't yet found the PAN-OS version of show ip bgp neighbor <blah> [advertised|received|received-routes]. If somebody can steer me toward that, it'd be helpful.

Ideas about why my neighbors aren't seeing the missing prefix? It's happening in both directions.



No comments:

Post a Comment