Friday, March 9, 2018

Ouvis' P2P Connectivity Feature for remote and local camera access - how does it work?

I have put some IP Cameras in my house recently and I've got a few AP's with multiple SSIDs and VLAN capable managed switches and I live out in the sticks. I have backup generator and primary internet is high speed cable, but I have satelite backup too. This past weekend we had a big storm that knocked out power, cable modem, and even covered my dish in too much snow to get signal. Now I'm trying to fix all the things that didn't survive on their own and part of that includes Ouvis security cameras with "P2P" feature for remote and local LAN access - their documentation sucks and before I go taking pcaps to reverse engineer how their P2P feature lets you connect to the cameras, I'm wondering if anyone else has any knowledge of this protocol and/or how I can make it work when I'm off-line; perhaps special local DNS entries, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment