Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Netflow configurations (via port or vlan)

I'm pretty new at my role and was recently tasked to enable netflow on all of our switches in our environment. We have a wide variety of switch models and the iOS that it runs on.

My colleague gave me a script to run netflow commands that will practically capture netflow traffic via vlan instead of interface but the issue I've been running into is that this script doesn't work on every switch in our environment and basically slowed me down.

I'm just doing one location and it's over 72 switches I have to perform this task (as I've been told).

"Script"

flow record NAME match ipv4 tos match ipv4 protocol match ipv4 source address match ipv4 destination address match transport source-port match transport destination-port match interface input collect interface output

collect counter bytes collect counter packets collect timestamp sys-uptime first collect timestamp sys-uptime last

flow exporter rvbd-exporter destination #### source Vlan## transport udp 2055

flow monitor NAME exporter name-exporter record NAME

I'm looking through videos and I've seen that most would go by interface. I think my major problem when I view a network diagram that we have I'm not sure how exactly the traffic flows (or neither does my colleague in those specifics). Basically i've been calling Cisco for each switch model and verify if we can perform netflow on it (I swear this is what I was told to do).

I was curious if anyone has done something similar and more "cleaner"? I think this is a chaotic mess of an approach.



No comments:

Post a Comment