Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Need help with NIC's - 'No network access', potentially a Cisco VIC driver issue.

All,

I have some Cisco c220 m4 servers one with a VIC 1227 card, the other with an Intel X520 DA2.

Separately I have a c220 m4 with a Intel X520-DA2 that is working.

On the two servers that don't work Windows Server 2016 is trying to use the Cisco VIC Ethernet Interface as the driver. When this driver is in use Windows can detect a link, the status is good, I can assign an IP address, but it never registers as having Internet access.

At first I thought I had a bad port, or bad DAC cable. But I swapped everything around by using the server with the x520-X2 with the correct driver confirmed all cables and ports work. I've spent hours trying to uninstall and reinstall drivers to no-avail.

I guess I have two problems, but they both seem to stem to this driver.

1) On the server with the x520-DA2 being picked up as a Cisco VIC, how do I force it to use the correct driver? I've installed Intel's driver pack. I've manually selected the driver from the list, and when I do that Device Manager says the device can't be started.

2) How do I get the Cisco VIC driver to work? I've installed almost every version of the ISO's from Cisco and have marched through them one by one, no avail.

Or a better question is: "Is there anyone out there successfully using this Cisco VIC Ethernet Driver?"

I feel like there's a missing link in here I am grasping at. In CIMC everything is good, NIC's are identified, link is up, all good. On the switch port there's a link, everything good. But yet somehow when we get to Windows it goes south..

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment