Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Need help setting up VPN tunnel

I am trying to help my uncle setup a VPN Tunnel to connect his two office computers together( located physically at two separate offices on 2 different networks). Both machines are running Windows 7 SP1. I need to be able to access the shared folders on PC2 from PC1 over the internet. The ISP at both locations are Comcast and it's Business Class Internet Service. Both locations are using their Wireless Gateways. We are looking for a software based solution. I'm trying to make it so he can connect and work in his quickbooks program from both locations in multi user mode with the main company file being in sync. Any advice is appreciated. I had some success using Windows built in vpn, but it was too slow and had issues with the connection. Am currently experimenting with Hamachi VPN from Logmein. Seems to be slow too and unstable.



No comments:

Post a Comment