Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Meraki and MPLS - Interop Issues?

Hi Guys,

Throwing this one out there as i'm having a real mare with it.

We have a customer who has many UK MPLS sites, these all route to an MPLS Core site (UK Site A) On the core site (UK SITE A) we have a WAN switch which delivers the MPLS Primary and Secondary connections as well as a connection into a Meraki MX100, this Meraki then has SD WAN setup to many International locations which routes via a non MPLS internet circuit.

The issue we have is that if I’m sat at the non core site, say UK SITE B I get packet loss to every Meraki international site. This traffic goes via the MPLS, through the WAN switch, to the Meraki LAN interface, out of the Meraki WAN interface and into the switch then out via the 3rd party internet.

If I’m sat in any international site I get no data loss over the SD WAN to any other international site, so Meraki looks to be good.

If I’m sat in any international site I get data loss to any UK Site apart from (UK SITE A).

If I’m sat in UK SITE A I get NO data loss to any international Meraki site.

All UK MPLS sites have 0 data loss to each other.

I believe the carrier route at UK SITE A is the cause, I have tried to get the carriers best engineers but they seem stumped. We have tried MTU size changes, resetting interfaces, router and NTU upgrades, Meraki upgrades, Repatching ports. You name it

I’ve tried it!

Any ideas at all?

Diagram:

http://oi67.tinypic.com/oqyddl.jpg

Alex



No comments:

Post a Comment