Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Looking for help with VPN issues on Win 10

Hi all,

Apologies if this isn't the right place, I'll explain the setup a bit.

At work I have my own virtual server which I do my development work on, this is run on my work Mac. From home I VPN in to the office where I can SSH in to my Mac and my Virtual Server.

The website on this virtual server is set up so that anyone can view it via the domain name. I can view it from home without using the VPN, but as soon as I use the VPN I can no longer access this site.

However I can still SSH in to it, ping it and everything else. Now here is the kicker, on my laptop at home I can access the site via both the VPN and without the VPN. So this leads me to think that the issue is windows related, any suggestions? Thanks!

Edit: I found the issue, it's to do with the DNS on the VPN. Changing the hosts file to look at the virtual server allows me to view it on the VPN (just not off it, which isn't an issue) strange how it doesn't effect the Mac though!



No comments:

Post a Comment