Saturday, March 10, 2018

L3 Switch routing to WAN router

I have a Cisco 3850 providing inter-vlan routing between four VLANs: 10, 20, 30, and 40. Interface g0/1 of the 3850 connects back to the LAN interface of a router.

To accomplish the inter-vlan routing, the hosts all have their default gateway set back to the interface IP of the 3850 on their respective VLANs. However, I'm now trying to figure out how to properly route internet bound packets correctly.

The easiest method is to have the router implement router-on-a-stick but I specifically want to keep the 3850 as the inter-vlan routing device for performance reasons.

Do I need to put a static route into the 3850 to forward internet bound packets out g0/1? If so, how would I still have internal access to the router? Just have it implement an SVI on one of the VLANs and make g0/1 an access port?

Any feedback is appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment