Thursday, March 8, 2018

Jitter in broadband connection

I switched from an ADSL connection to an optical fiber one. Problem is, despite being an optical connection, the jitter is worse compared to my old ADSL connection. Here are the PingPlotter results for the two connections. The one above is Airtel ADSL 2Mbps up / 0.5 Mbps down and the one below is Vnet fiber 10 Mbps up and 10 Mbps down. https://imgur.com/a/bf8Fj . I'm trying to explain this issue to my new ISP but they refuse to accept it as a problem. But I'm pretty sure that this is the culprit of the inconsistent download and upload speeds that we are getting. Can someone please tell me possible reason(s) for this problem?

PS: Vnet is a small ISP in my city and does not have a whole lot of users (currently less than 20) We all use single shared IP and connect using PPPoE.



No comments:

Post a Comment