Wednesday, March 7, 2018

I need some help with my Home Network.

Hi there,

I've some issues with my Network at home.

Situation: We have bought a Devolo dLAN 550+ pack last week. The intention was/is to connect everyone in the house (5 places) on cable internet. We have got a 80mbit down and 30mbit up line at home, which will be upgraded soon to 200mbit down and 200mbit up. I've got a Netgear Nighthawk 7000 for the wifi, and a Experiabox V9 modem (which is from KPN)

Problem: Now is the problem that at some times the devolo powerplugs conflict and wouldn't have a working network connection. I already know that the Devolo's wouldn't work with a different powerplug next to it (like a laptop or phone charger), so we already have reserved the electrical outlets for only the Devolo powerplugs.

Now we still have some problems at random times. Is it because my network is currently to slow (80down, 30up)? Or is Devolo unable to work correctly with more than 2 or 3 Devolo powerplugs?

My brother uses it for his playstation. My dad uses it for calling, browsing and mail. My mom also uses it for browsing and mail. I use it for downloading and watching youtube.

Can someone help me with this, we are already struggling with this for a while.



No comments:

Post a Comment