Saturday, March 10, 2018

How is your experience with Ubiquiti's RMA / warranty department?

Hi

I've been using Ubiquiti UniFi APs for a couple of years and in different locations which so far - knowing and understanding their limitations, that is - they've been pretty much "good enough" in a lot of cases in Education and SMB. Their APs are cheap enough to keep of spares on site and they are also quickly replaced in case of failure. However Ubiquiti hasn't always been able to keep steady stock levels (thus keeping spares on site...).

I've been looking a bit into their Edge Switches and since a switch failure potentially causes more disruption than a single Access Point I'm questioning how quickly and and hassle-free their RMA department works for customers (in my case) within Europe. Anyone who can share their experience with Ubiquiti's RMA department?

I've made both good experience with HPE/Aruba and - yes, don't crucify me - Netgear with their managed switches in terms of RMA replacements. Thus I'm curious since the use case I have rarely allows the budget for Cisco equipment.



No comments:

Post a Comment