Tuesday, March 20, 2018

How do I convince my supervisor that we need to completely redo the network?

I currently work for a small company (less than 20 people) that is growing. They have asked me to set up a DNS server so that team members can remotely and securely work on their projects.

For some context, this is my first "real" networking job so I have no experience setting up and scaling enterprise networks.

I think it would be a lot easier to set up the DNS server if I had a better understanding of the network and set up the network the way that it needs to be. But when I tried telling this to my boss, he dismissed me and told me that we didn't have time to worry about it. My boss isn't a networking professional and I think he doesn't fully understand why this step is so important.

How do I convince him that documenting and re-designing the network is necessary?



No comments:

Post a Comment