Thursday, March 29, 2018

Help with multicast in my environment...

We have a few vlans dedicated for video traffic via multicast. I'm looking at the configuration of the Cisco 3750 stack, and ip multicast-routing is not in the running config, as well as any other router configs. As far as I can tell our multicast is basically just isolated vlans but I'm super green with multicast.

Although I see a few PIM commands, my hunch is they aren't being used at all.

.....

interface Vlan1205

ip address 10.120.58.1 255.255.255.0

ip pim sparse-dense-mode

no ip route-cache cef

no ip route-cache

ip igmp version 3

no ip mroute-cache

! !

ip pim ssm default

.....

Please guide me! If I dropped every command above (except the actually vlan) would my traffic change?



No comments:

Post a Comment