Thursday, March 29, 2018

Example PaloConfigs Wanted

Hey all a long time ago I wrote a set of scripts for working with paloalto specifically for PCI compliance. The biggest is panexport.py which makes an API request and creates an excel file of the combined rulebase from panorama or device (whichever exists)

I want to continue to maintain the code for the community but the code is lacking proper tests of some core functionality and that is where I need some help.

I'm trying to get example palo alto configs from the API to see if anything has changed across versions and ingest these into tests.

I'm not looking for 500 rulebase configs just any sanitized lab style few dozen rulebases.

The API endpoints I'm pulling are:

Device Rulebase: <show><config><running></running></config></show>

and

Panorama Rulebase: <show><config><pushed-shared-policy></pushed-shared-policy></config></show>

If anyone wishes to contribute feel free to touch base on github https://github.com/shepherdjay/pan-os-scripts/issues/27



No comments:

Post a Comment