Saturday, March 24, 2018

Cisco CSR1000V OTV with Virtualbox and GNS3 not working

I am trying to get OTV working between two CSR1000v VMs running in Virtualbox and GNS3. I have followed several guides, which are all pretty simple. The OTV adjacency between the two routers comes up just fine and everything looks good when I do a "show otv". The issue I am having is that the OTV routing table is not populated with the MAC addresses from the devices being trunked up to the router. I am just trying to trunk a single VLAN up and extend it between the routers.

I found some talk online about the CSR1000v having issues in Virtualbox and VMware with the subinterfaces not working properly. When I do a packet capture on the trunk from the switch going up to the router I am seeing the tagged frames going up just fine, but the MAC from that device does not show in the otv routing table or the ISIS database, which has me thinking it is the issue with the subinterfaces not working.

Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment