Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Cisco 2960X stacking question

Hi, this question is probably so stupid its the reason why I can't find help on google but can I stack different models of 2960X series of switches (For example: A 2960X-24PD-L and a 2960X-48LPD-L).

We have a design with 24PD-L x 2 stacks per building (for the SFP+ uplinks), but I want to add 24 more ports and the consultant wants to add another 24PD-L to the stack when it seems easier to me to change one of the 24PD-L's with a 48LPD-L.

Sorry for the dummy question.

Research: Google and Cisco.com. Found this Whitepaper <Stacking on Cisco Catalyst 2960-X and 2960-XR: FlexStack-Plus and FlexStack-Extended White Paper>: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-2960-x-series-switches/white-paper-c11-739615.html

No explicit mention that I can or can't, which I would assume to mean I can but would like to confirm.



No comments:

Post a Comment