Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Anyone who understands Cisco Smart Software Licensing and Cat9k?

I think i am going mad! I have acquired two 9300 Catalyst with Network Advantage and DNA Advantage. The license envelopes that came along refered me to Cisco Smart Software Licensing -- no PAKs. If I log in to Cisco Smart Licensing I can see my license, but how the hell am I suppose to connect the switches to the Cisco Smart Software Licensing -- magic? I thought I was supposed to run the command "license smart enable" but that dosen't exist in IOS XE 16.6. I want to be able to see the license consumption and in the future use Cisco Smart Software Licensing Satellite with the CAT 9k series.

What I have found is something called right to use license... f*ck is that? I have now given up on life and all my Google searches redirects me to shitty Cisco documents explained the "smart" smart license. I need ELI5 answers cause im retarded regarding license and that stuff....

All I want is my switches up and running so I can try netconf on them :(



No comments:

Post a Comment