Saturday, March 31, 2018

Advertising leaked routes between two PE devices.

Hey guys,

I'm busy labbing out a scenario that looks like this.

As can be seen;

  • Two separate customers have their own VRFs (Blue and Red)

  • These two customers each have a site connected to the main PE device, MAIN:PE.

  • There is another PE connected to the main PE, SECONDARY:PE, where VRF Blue has another site.

I have leaked the route for 10.88.0.0/24 (VRF Green) into both of the other VRFs, Blue and Red.

I've accomplished this by importing and exporting the relevant extcommunities on MAIN:PE

I've then added VRF Blue to SECONDARY:PE and added a site there. I noticed that the route leaked on MAIN:PE is not advertised to this Secondary PE.

I know if I make the default gateway point towards MAIN:PE from SECONDARY:PE I will be able to reach the leaked route. But is there a way to propagate that leaked route throughout a VRF?

edit** I could also create VRF Green on the secondary PE and then leak again, but my question of the ability to advertise the leaked route within the VRF still stands.



No comments:

Post a Comment