Tuesday, February 13, 2018

VLAN Setup?

So I have a bit of a weird network setup. I've been running into problems lately with my LAN running out of IPs and I'm trying to figure out the best way to attack it. Right now I'm thinking my best bet is to get all of my WiFi clients onto another subnet, I've never used VLANs before and it seems like my best bet. The problem is I have 5 buildings connected together and they are all connected in different ways. As of right now I have no managed switches and all of my APs are currently on the LAN network as that is the only network that touches all 5 buildings.

Link to image of my network

I threw together a little diagram of my network. Would I be able to get a few managed switches and make those the "main" switches for each building and have the current unmanaged switches branch off of them? Have the LAN stay instact as 10.19.36.1/24 while also pushing some a VLAN to all of the buildings with it?



No comments:

Post a Comment