Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Seeking advice for multi-isp setup

Hey gurus, I have 3 questions for you, background info first.

My network is setup per this diagram.

Current config is as such:

  • All layer 3 switches are running EIGRP, and are Cisco
  • All traffic currently goes out FW A to ISP A; ISP B is not presently in use
  • I have my ASN and /24, but the /24 was provided by ISP B and we have not yet switched to it / advertising it out via ISP A.
  • NAT/PAT is being done on FW A
  • I'm performing a major equipment/topology overhaul this summer and can COMPLETELY redo things if necessary.

My current plan is to advertise our /24 using eBGP through both ISPs, prepended for a preferred outbound route of ISP A. I was going to run iBGP internally between SW A and SW B to handle route.

My three questions-

  1. Is HSRP an option here or is my iBGP plan best?
  2. How do I handle incoming NAT'd traffic, destined for either internal or Data Center (DCSW A) during a failover?
  3. Is there an easy way to provide full redundancy for hosts sitting behind DCSW A and DCSW B ? I don't need Active/Active for those, plan on using Active/Passive. I guess this is related to #2....

I have a call setup tomorrow with my cisco engineer, but wanted to get some Reddit advice beforehand. Thanks in advance, and let me know if you need more info!



No comments:

Post a Comment